1. MOROcCO - The King of Morocco has died of a heart attack, he was the longest running ruler in Africa. He was popular,
but was criticised for his human rights record.
2. PLANE CRASH - An Air Fiji plane has crashed carrying 15 people.
3. FISHERIES - A call by the Maori Affairs Minister to restructure the Treaty of Waitangi Fisheries Commission has been
dominated today’s conference. But the Chair is refusing to comment on the matter.
4. FARMERS - Delegates at the Federated Farmers Annual conference say the race for the top job will be a close one.
5. DIOXIN - The Belgian Prime Minister has called an emergency meeting of his Cabinet after it was discoverd some animal
feed contaminated by dioxin was still being used by pig farmers.
6. SCHOOLS - School boards are being warned to take care when appointing staff after it was found an applicant for
principal’s position was using fake credentials.
7. ENDOSCOPY - One of the patients caught up in the endosocopy scare says he hopes the hospital staff have learnt from
8. WHITE ISLAND - Scientists are continuing to monitor White Island and say more activity is likely
9. KENNEDY - Senator Edward Kennedy said in a an eulogy for his nephew John F Kennedy that like his father he had every
gift but that of days.
10. RUGBY - Auckland is gearing up for the test match between Australia and New Zealand, it will be the first test match
under lights at Eden Park.