Hobbs Claimed Allowance Too – Dairy Merger – Film Boom – Teina Faces Charges – Robbie’s Gay?
- HOBBS CLAIMED ALLOWANCE TOO: Wellington Central MP Marion Hobbs is the second Government minister to admit claiming an
out-of-town allowance while registered as a Wellington voter.
DAIRY MERGER: New Zealand’s multi-billion dollar dairy industry could turn into one massive company within six months –
but its planners don’t want the Commerce Commission near their project.
- FILM BOOM: The New Zealand film industry has for the first time broken the $1 billion dollar mark in revenue for a
single year, including bringing in $455 million in foreign exchange.
- TEINA FACES CHARGES: Teina Stace, partner of All Black Jonah Lomu, will face charges after she crashed Lomu’s car
earlier this month.
- ROBBIE’S GAY?: In a bizarre outburst at a Paris show, British pop star Robbie Williams told fans he was gay and was
having a relationship with his songwriting partner Guy Chambers.
Inside Political Headlines:
- I never saw any porn, says Williams;
- Special help likely for big dairy merger;
- Election night changes proposed;
- Customs staff join cruises to beat crowds;
- Brain drain speeding up, says Hasler;
- Health privacy code no barrier to care, says Slane;
- Violence, burglary convictions down slightly;
- Sex offences to be gender neutral.
Editorial: Let axe fall on Privy council.