The Evening Post, Tuesaday, October 10, 2000
Article: Mathew Loh
Suicide doctor seeks clinic - UN tries to drag foes back from the brink - Fletcher Energy sold - Bottle-message washes
up in NZ after 44 years - I'll fish you run it, boss tells union - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Suicide doctor seeks clinic: Australia's pro-euthanasia campaigner "Dr Death" Philip Nitschke is seeking doctors rooms
to hold his suicide advice clinics due to open in Wgtn and Auck in January.
UN tries to drag foes back from the brink: UN secretary-general Kofi Annan held crisis talks today to try avert the
danger of an all-out war as an Israeli deadline for Palestinians to halt a wave a violence expired.
Fletcher Energy sold: One of New Zealand's biggest companies, Fletcher Energy is to be sold to overseas interests for
Bottle-message washes up in New Zealand after 44 years: A 44-year journey in a bottle has stalled just up the coast from
I'll fish, you run it boss tells union: Carteton factory owner Trino Koers is challenging a union to take over his
business - and do a better job - while he goes fishing.
- No stub intended, PM tells business;
- Warning for big drinkers;
- Employers reject ERA appointments;
- Mana Motuhake conerned;
- Firefighter pay talks;
- Mystery varsity seal found;
- Spy-style hijinks at Vic;
- Call for sunglasses standard;
- Twister touches down on Kapiti;
- Low turnouts force ward meeting rethink;
- Record flood hits Tararua district;
- Upmarker retirement home stalls;
- Gully route may turn SH1 into back road
Warriors' change of fortune: Businessman Eric Watson has joined the NZRL as owners of the Warriors league club.
Editorial: Butcher of Balkans must me neutralised.