For immediate release
November 26 2002
Auckland International College Appoints New Director Of Studies
Auckland International College (AIC) has appointed an internationally qualified educator with over ten years’ experience
to the position of Director of its English Language Centre.
Originally from South Africa, Nazli Effendi has an extensive background in education and English Language Teaching.
Nazli will be responsible for setting up the Centre, recruiting staff, developing the curriculum, and ensuring students
are successful by providing them with effective academic support and direction.
Nazli says she was impressed by AIC’s commitment to not only providing a superior education for its students through
excellent teaching, but also its care for students’ welfare.
“I came to AIC because I wanted to work for an established institution, to put into practice my range of skills and
experience,” she says.
“No detail has been overlooked. AIC is committed to offering a quality education for its students by providing support
for teachers to deliver this education, and the resources to make it possible.”
Josh Sasai, Executive Director of Auckland International College, says that Nazli’s appointment to the position of
Director is a strategic move to ensure AIC delivers an internationally recognised quality English language education to
its international students.
“Nazli’s extensive background in the implementation of English for Academic Purposes and preparation for IELTS courses,
combined with her leadership, planning and financial management skills, will stand her in good stead in her new role as
Director of AIC’s English Language Centre,” says Josh.
A fully qualified teacher, Nazli holds a Master of Arts in English Language Teaching (the University of Warwick), and
two Bachelors of Arts (the University of Durban and the University of the Western Cape). She is currently completing a
Diploma in Business Administration (University of Auckland).
Previously Nazli was Academic Manager for the Modern Age Institute of Learning, an International Language Institute, and
before that she worked as a teacher at the Senior College of New Zealand.
For further information please contact:
Josh Sasai Jody Gill
Executive Director Managing Partner
Auckland International College Publicis Drum
Phone 09) 309 4480 Phone 09) 914 6076
Auckland International College
- Auckland International College is situated at purpose-built premises at 85 Airedale Street in Auckland’s CBD, due to
be completed by December 2002.
- The new AIC premises have an extensive library, computer suites, self-access learning centre and “state-of-the-art”
classrooms with multi media facilities.
- The College is made up of three operational branches - the Senior School, The School of Foundation Studies and the
England Language Centre.
- The Senior School will open in July 2004, The School of Foundation Studies in July 2003 and the English Language
Centre January 2003.
The Senior School
- Delivers International Baccalaureate Diploma programme to high school students - Year 12-13. This is an urban,
co-educational, secular school for mostly international students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
The School of Foundation Studies
- Delivers a Certificate in Foundation Studies Programme developed in partnership with AUT. Aimed at international
non-English speaking student 17 years and over preparing themselves for further studies at tertiary level. It will
prepare students for entry into New Zealand Universities.
English Language Centre
- Delivers English Language programmes such as General English, English for Academic Purposes and a High School
preparation course. This has been developed jointly by AUT and AIC.