The Coalition against the Siege on Gaza
No to a military attack on Gaza!
War is not an elections spin!
Friday Dec. 26th, at 14.00, in the corner of Ben-Zion Ave. and King George St., Tel-Aviv
In the demonstration we will call for:
• Stop immediately siege on Gaza! Set no conditions for ending the inhuman suffering of innocents!
• Negotiations with Hamas and renew of the truce!
• Stop the military offensive and propose a political solution for ending the occupation!
• Learn from the Second Lebanon War! A military assault will not stop the missiles! Only an agreement can bring calm!
It is Israel which broke the truce - already a month and a half ago, in early November, the State of Israel broke the truce in a series of military
attacks on Gaza, which caused the death of six Palestinians. In this way, the government of Israel, with its own hands,
brought a rain of Qassam missiles upon the heads of the inhabitants of Sderot and the other Gaza Border communities.
Afterwards, every time that the situation started calming down, more Palestinians were killed by the army, their killing
provoking new salvos of missiles. Now, the government is using the breaking of the truce as the pretext to launch a new
military offensive. An offensive which would cost the lives of civilians, and would not achieve any of its declared aims
- certainly not the aim of bringing calm to the inhabitants of the border area.
It is Israel which is responsible for the poverty and despair, entailed by the siege on Gaza - already for months the million and half inhabitants of Gaza live under an Israeli siege, with stoppages of water and
electricity and a severe lack of vital goods. The Hamas government is already for weeks stating that it would be
possible to restore the truce, should Israel agree to open the passages and allow the entry of goods, products, gasoline
and people into the Strip. The government chooses consciously to ignore the Hamas declarations and cynically chooses,
for electoral purposes, the path of war.