DE RUEHBK #3532 1780408
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
O 270408Z JUN 07
FM AMEMBASSY BANGKOK
TO SECSTATE WASHDC IMMEDIATE 7886
UNCLAS BANGKOK 003532
STATE FOR EAP/MLS, L/EAP, L/PM, PM/ISO, INR AND DRL
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: MASS MARR MOPS PREL PHUM TH
SUBJECT: THAILAND EMBASSY/STATE DEPARTMENT HUMAN RIGHTS
VETTING FOR: POST BLAST INVESTIGATION COURSE, MALAYSIA 30
JULY - 17 AUG 2007
REF: A. JIATF MEMO DATED JUNE 26
C. 05 STATE 021314 - GUIDANCE
D. 03 STATE 34981 - GUIDANCE
1. This is an action request.
2. (U) JIATF has requested that the Embassy/State Department
complete human rights vetting request for the individuals
listed below who have been selected to attend the following
course. Embassy Bangkok possesses no credible information of
gross violations of human rights by these persons. Embassy
Bangkok Political Officer, Guy Margalith, is the verifying
officer for the Embassy/Department of State.
POST BLAST INVESTIGATION COURSE, MALAYSIA 30 JULY - 17 AUG
1. Police LT COL Thanawat WATTANAKUL, Special Operations
Sub-Division, Crime Supression Division, DPOB: March 9,
1966; Bangkok, TH.
2. Police LT COL Nopasin POOLSAWAT, Investigations Center,
Metro Police Bureau, DPOB: Sept. 27, 1969; Chai Nat, TH.
3. Police LT COL Anurach JITSIL, Crime Scene Inspection,
Scientific Crime Detection Division, DPOB: Oct. 15, 1964;
Nakon Ratchasima, TH.
4. Police MAJ Surasak LERDKRAI, Sub-Division 5, Division 1,
Special Branch, DPOB: March 8, 1968; Surin TH.
5. Police CAPT Jiraklit JAROUNAPAT, Patrol and Special
Operations Division, DPOB: Sept. 4, 1977; Phetchabun, TH.