Inequality: A New Zealand Crisis
Edited by Max Rashbrooke
Published by Bridget Williams Books
• Fast growing inequality is one of the most important issues confronting New Zealand today.
• Once known as an egalitarian society, New Zealand has seen inequality increasing more rapidly than almost anywhere
else in the developed world.
• International evidence indicates that income inequality exacerbates social problems and weakens the economy.
• Inequality: A New Zealand Crisis investigates the situation in New Zealand – where rising inequality is shown to affect all of us.
• The book presents key facts and expert analysis. Leading contributors include Jonathan Boston. Linda Tuhiwai Smith,
Kim Workman, Nigel Haworth and Ganesh Nana.
• Journalist Max Rashbrooke brings the issue to life with stories from people themselves – from business owners to
• Inequality: A New Zealand Crisis contributes to a powerful conversation about a critical issue for our country, and argues for a more equal society.
Publication: 27 June 2013
Print RRP$39.99 | 240 x 170 mm
300 pages approx
Available in print and e-book
ISBN 9781927131510 | ISTC A0220120000222C3