New Zealand Is Not For Sale
MURRAY HORTON SPEAKING TOUR
The November 26 election is one of the most important in decades. Both major parties are committed to policies by which
the New Zealand economy is even more dominated by transnational corporations; more and more of our farmland is owned by
foreigners; publicly-owned assets are privatised; and the country is locked ever more tightly into disadvantageous
“free” trade and foreign investment agreements, of which the biggest one being negotiated, in secret, is the
Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement – this is the means to effect a free trade agreement with the US.
There are some differences between National and Labour on these issues, but they are only ones of degree, not principle.
A change in government will not, in itself, be enough to change the disastrous course on which this country is set, one
of domination by global Big Business and the US. This country needs People Power to let the world know that New Zealand
is not for sale!
Murray Horton, spokesperson of the Campaign Against Foreign Control of Aotearoa (CAFCA), will speak on:
• The Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement and the dangers it poses to the NZ economy and to our very democracy.
• Privatisation of our public assets.
• The relentless takeover of NZ businesses and land by transnational corporations.
• The re-absorption of NZ into the US Empire.
• And, most, importantly, how the New Zealand people can fight back; it’s too important to be left up to the
Monday 18, Wellington – 6- 7.30 p.m., Main Hall, St John’s Church, corner of Willis & Dixon Streets. Contact Kane O’Connell 021 1863430; email@example.com
Tuesday 19, Petone – 7.45 p.m. Petone Community House, 6 Britannia Street Contact Grant Brookes 021 053 2973 firstname.lastname@example.org