September 11th One Year on…..
PROTEST at US Embassy, 28 Fitzherbert Terrace, Thorndon. Wednesday, September 11th, 2 pm.
We, concerned global citizens, have called a protest to express our outrage at U.S. foreign policy and the blatant
hypocrisy of the Bush Administration.
On S11 last year the world was rocked by a terrorist attack in New York killing up to 2500 innocent people. On the same
day millions of innocent people died as a result of American Foreign Policy. The same thing happened the day before and
the day after and is still happening today. We feel strongly America must address the real question of S11: Who are the
A country who:
· Has an atrocious human rights record in it’s treatment of it’s own indigenous peoples.
· Has killed over a million people in Iraq from sanctions (nearly 60% of the dead are children under the age of
· when talking of "taking out Saddam" is part of a long history of toppling and installing other governments at
will. Dictators like Chile's Pinochet, Guatemala's Armas, the Philippines' Marcos and, to a lesser extent, Saddam
Hussein himself, are all creatures of US intervention.
· Has since the 1950s sought to control oil resources.
· Has supported Turkey's genocide against the Kurds.
· Recently refused to endorse an International Criminal Court proposal to try cases of terrorism and crimes
· Refuses to consider any response to terrorism that would not help it to increase its power.
· Has crippled the UN and rejects all suggestions for intervention that aren't completely under US military
· Has invaded nearly 150 countries militarily and/or economically since 1945.
Or any country which doesn’t accommodate America’s cultural and economic domination?
Stop Terrorism – Stop America.