You have until 30 March 2018 to have your say on the Employment Relations Amendment Bill. The Education and Workforce
Committee is now inviting submissions on this bill.
The bill seeks to amend the Employment Relations Act 2000 to meet the Government’s 100 day commitments on employment
relations law. It would provide minimum standards and protections for employees, and strengthen collective bargaining
and union rights in the workplace.
The bill would make changes to provisions concerning:
• The recognition and operation of unions
• Collective bargaining
• Individual employee’s terms and conditions of employment
• The continuity of employment if an employee’s work is affected by restructuring
• Rest breaks and meal breaks
• Strikes and lockouts
• Personal grievances, disputes, and enforcement.
Tell the Education and Workforce Committee what you think
Send your submission
on the bill by midnight on 30 March 2018.
For more details about the bill: