QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: At his meeting with the boss of American oil giant Anadarko in November 2011, was the issue of making deep sea oil
drilling a permitted activity under the EEZ legislation raised?
2. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement “we’re trying to change the economic picture to encourage more New Zealanders to stay”;
if so, how many people have migrated to Australia since he took office?
3. SCOTT SIMPSON to the Minister of Finance: What steps are being taken to improve housing affordability, as part of the Government’s wider economic programme?
4. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement regarding Australia that “It has been a bit of a safety valve for jobs for people who
can’t find jobs here”; if so, what advice, if any, has he received on the effects of emigration on the level of
unemployment in New Zealand?
5. MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Social Development: What announcements has she made on ensuring those working with children recognise and report suspected child abuse, as
part of the Government’s White Paper for Vulnerable Children?
6. Hon LIANNE DALZIEL to the Minister of Education: Will she extend the consultation timeframe for Christchurch schools which are proposed to be merged or closed, to enable
them to fully engage with their communities; if not, why not?
7. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister of Education: What steps is the Government taking to ensure meaningful consultation with school communities in Greater Christchurch?
8. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Prime Minister: Since he assumed ministerial responsibility for it, has the Government Communications Security Bureau undertaken
surveillance of any person who is a citizen or resident of New Zealand, other than Mr Kim Dotcom?
9. Dr CAM CALDER to the Associate Minister of Health: What progress has been made on the introduction of a comprehensive clinical assessment tool for older people in rest
10. Dr KENNEDY GRAHAM to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: Does he stand by his comment of 17 October 2012 that, “We need to make sure that New Zealand continues to do its fair
share, alongside other countries, to combat the effects of climate change…”?
11. MIKE SABIN to the Minister of Customs: What is the Government doing to combat the smuggling of precursors used to manufacture methamphetamine?
12. ANDREW WILLIAMS to the Minister of Finance: Is reducing the current account deficit a priority for the Government?
QUESTIONS TO MEMBERS
1. DENISE ROCHE to the Member in charge of the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act 2009 (Application to Casinos) Amendment Bill: Why did the member draft the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act 2009 (Application to Casinos) Amendment Bill?
2. DENISE ROCHE to the Member in charge of the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act 2009 (Application to Casinos) Amendment Bill: What is the purpose of the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act 2009 (Application to Casinos) Amendment Bill?