4 May 2009
New look for Parliament website
has a fresh new look and enhanced search functionality to make it easier to find information about Parliament and
The changes have been made in response to user feedback and research into the usability of the site. The home page and
site structure have been redesigned to make it quicker and simpler for people visiting the site to find the information
that’s most frequently looked for.
• New home page with revised menu options to make locating information easier.
• Quick links to the most frequently visited sections of the site.
• A ‘frequently viewed’ section featuring the most popular items for the past week.
• A glossary with simple explanations for parliamentary terminology.
• Improved search for the website and intranet that will make searching a lot easier will be available soon.
Bookmarks will still work
If you have bookmarked pages in the website, these will continue to work.
More changes are coming
The revamped website is part of an ongoing programme of developments to the site. Recent enhancements have included the
addition of RSS feeds and email alerts. Planned developments include increasing the range and number of select committee
documents that are available on the site, extending the number of select committees that can receive online submissions,
and updating electorate profiles following last year’s election. We will continue to keep you updated on developments
with the site.
If you would like more information, have any queries or would like to provide feedback on the site please email firstname.lastname@example.org