QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 8 November 2006
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Prime Minister: Does she have confidence in her Ministers Responsible for Climate
Change Issues, of Forestry, and for the Environment?
2. MARTIN GALLAGHER to the Minister of Transport: What recent announcements has she made with respect to roading in
the Waikato region?
3. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: Does he have confidence in the New Zealand Immigration
Service; if so, why?
4. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Labour: What reports, if any, has she received on the uptake of paid parental
5. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Education: Does he still agree that “comprehensive environmental education
from early childhood to tertiary will leave today’s children in a much better position to deal with the very serious
issues of climate change, scarce oil resources, and environmental degradation, which sadly are our legacy and the legacy
of the previous generations”?
6. RON MARK to the Minister of Police: In what capacity are civilians being employed by the Police to carry out
roles traditionally performed by sworn police officers?
7. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Does he stand by all of his comments made
in relation to the welfare changes announced on 26 October 2006?
8. Dr JACKIE BLUE to the Minister of Health: What reports, if any, has he received on the “pressures brought about
by industrial action” on cancer treatment?
9. STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister for the Environment: What is the Government doing to assist with the protection
of Lake Taupo’s water quality?
10. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Corrections: Does he have confidence in his department; if so, why?
11. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Minister of Energy: What initiatives is the Government considering to assist consumers to
choose more energy-efficient vehicles?
12. PAULA BENNETT to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Are grandparents raising their
grandchildren going to be given the same assistance that foster parents receive; if not, why not?