The fire at Auckland's SkyCity international convention centre has been raging for more than a day resulting in nearby
offices being shut, roads closed and health warnings being issued.
Photo: RNZ / Danielle Street
• A number of arterial roads in the Auckland CBD have closed
, and several buses have been diverted or cancelled.
• Auckland District Court, Central City Library and Chorus House are closed. The TVNZ central city building and TV
studio were evacuated this morning
• The fire broke on the roof
of the SkyCity international convention centre just after 1pm yesterday.
• Fire and Emergency manager Ron Devlin says the plan is to "sacrifice the roof". Once materials from the roof have
fallen in, crews can go into the fifth floor and put the fire out, he says.
• The cause of the fire is not yet known.
Follow our live blog to stay up to date with the latest developments:
Apologies, but some of this page's content can only be viewed on the desktop version of the site.
New Zealand's public broadcaster, providing comprehensive NZ news and current affairs, specialist audio features and documentaries.
Radio New Zealand is a Crown entity established under the Radio New Zealand Act 1995. Radio New Zealand News are vital
elements in our programming, providing impartial news and information to New Zealanders every day. Radio New Zealand
(RNZ) provides listeners with exciting and independent radio programmes in accordance with the Radio New Zealand