Auckland health authorities have released a list of designated practices, further increasing public options for COVID-19
The 43 designated practices are general practices where members of the public can make an appointment for a free
COVID-19 test without needing to be enrolled.
Northern Region Health Coordination Centre Lead (and Counties Manukau Health CEO) Margie Apa said the city’s three DHBs
and seven PHOs are working tirelessly to increase public access to testing for people with COVID-19 symptoms.
“If you have cold or flu-like symptoms and are enrolled with a GP we strongly encourage you to call your doctor to
arrange a test,” Ms Apa said.
“We know many people are not enrolled – they can obtain a free test at any of our urgent care clinics or designated
With a new pop-up opening in Rosedale on Saturday 14 August, there will be 17 CTCs open in metropolitan Auckland this
weekend, providing essential surge testing capacity.
The Rosedale CTC is located at Northcare Accident and Medical, 5 Home Place, Rosedale and is open Monday to Sunday from
8am – 5pm.
“We know many people are experiencing long queues at our CTCs as our communities continue to seek testing in
unprecedented numbers.” Ms Apa says.
“Where possible, please help us relieve some of this pressure by choosing a general practice or urgent care clinic for
your test instead of attending a CTC.
“If a CTC is the best option for you, there are ways you can speed up the testing process. Take your NHI number with you
and a form of ID. Please only come to a CTC if you have symptoms, and wear a mask and gloves. Our CTC staff will test
you as soon as they can.
“I want to thank the public for their patience at our CTCs and to acknowledge our primary care sector for the work they
are doing at CTCs, general practices and urgent care clinics. They continue to be the frontline of the pandemic response
By 4pm today (Friday 14 August) our laboratories had registered over 10,000 tests taken on Wednesday and over 8,100
tests taken on Thursday. Those numbers continue to grow.
Help us manage demand at our Community Testing Centres:Take your NHI number with you and a form of ID – this will speed up your testing.Please only come to a CTC if you have symptoms, and wear a mask and glovesBe prepared for a long wait – you may want to bring water and food.Rest assured that our CTC staff are working hard test you as soon as they can.Thank you for your patience as we work together to respond to this outbreak.
For advice on where to go for your test, call your local doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
The list of designated practices in Auckland is below.
For the up to date information on testing locations in Auckland visit arphs.health.nz/covid19test
The Northland and metro Auckland DHBs (Counties Manukau, Waitematā and Auckland DHBs) are operating a regional response
to the COVID-19 pandemic through the Northern Region Health Coordination Centre (NRHCC).List of designated practices in Auckland as at 14 AugustDHB AreaPractice NamePractice Address & Ph.Opening hours for swabbingPatient booking and general practice referral informationAucklandHealth New Lynn1 McCrae Way, New LynnMon - Fri 8.30am - 4pmPhone: (09) 827 8888, Walk-in OkCounties ManukauOtara Family & Christian Health Centre5/120 East Tamaki Rd, Otara MallMon - Fri 2pm - 5pm, Sat, 8am - 12pmPatients to make appointment (09) 274 6654, or message chatbox on website www.otarafamily.health.nz; No walk-insCounties ManukauPokeno Family Health31 Great South Rd, PokenoMon - Fri 9am - 4pmPatients: (09) 558 1294, Walk-ins OkCounties ManukauPapatoetoe Family Doctors2/65 St George St, Health Hub, Papatoetoe. Note entrance is through driveway between 61 and 59 St George Street.Mon - Fri 9am - 3.30pmPatients: (09) 278 2578 No walk-insCounties ManukauThe Doctors Middlemore215 Massey Rd, Mangere EastMon - Sun 8am - 6pmPatients: (09) 275 9977 Walk-ins OkAucklandOnehealth General Practice and Urgent Care122 Remuera Road, NewmarketMon - Sun 8am - 7pmPatients: (09) 522 2800 for a booked appointment, No GP referral requiredAucklandWhitecross CityMed8 Albert Street, AucklandMon - Fri 8am - 5.30pmPhone ahead, Patients: (09) 377 5525,AucklandQueen Street Doctors. (Mills Lane entrance)
87 Queen Street, Auckland Central
(09) 373 4055Mon - Fri 9am - 5pmPatient to book appointments Ph: (09) 307 1367. No walk-insWaitematāPeninsula Medical Centre382 Te Atatu Road, Te Atatu PeninsulaMon - Fri 9am - 4:30pm, Sat 13/8 9am - 1pmPatients: (09) 834 6300, Walk-ins OKCounties ManukauBakerfield Medical and Urgent Care16A Bakerfield Place, ManukauMon - Fri 8am - 4pm, Sat - Sun 9am - 1pmPhone: (09) 263 7770/ 027 291 3442/ 021 0898 5464 Email: email@example.com, Walk in okWaitematāThe Doctors Waimauku6 Waimauku Station Road, WaimaukuMon, Wed, Fri 8am - 5pm, Tue, Thurs 8am - 6pm, Sat 8.30am - 12pm
Patient: text 027 381 4209 or
(09) 411 8094AucklandStoddard Road Medical223 Stoddard Road, Mount RoskillMon - Fri 9am - 12pm, Sat 1pm - 4pmPatients: (09) 621 0387 and ask for a Covid appointment, No walk-insAucklandFreemans Bay Medical Centre100 Wellington Street, Freemans BayMon - Fri afternoon clinicPatients: (09) 378 6653, No walk-insAucklandWestgate Medical Centre13E Maki Street, WestgateMon - Sun 8am - 5pm
GP referral - 021 108 4867
Fax: (09) 833 3135, Walk-ins OKWaitematāThe Doctors Red Beach9/42 Red Beach Road, Red BeachMon - Fri 8am - 4:30pm, Sun 16/8 10am - 2pmPatients: By Appointment ONLY by calling 09 427 9130 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
AucklandThe Doctors Onehunga73 Church Street, OnehungaMon - Fri 8.30am - 4pm, Sat 15/8 8.30am - 5pmPatients: (09) 634 5184 for appointmentCounties ManukauTuruki Healthcare Mangere
2/32 Canning Crescent, Mangere
(09) 275 5788Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat 9am - 1pmPatients: 0800 493 552Counties ManukauCounties Medical LP - Papakura
6-18 O'Shannessey Street, Papakura
(09) 299 9380Mon - Sun 9am - 9pmPatients: Walk-in and will be triaged by Registered NurseCounties ManukauThe Doctors Ti Rakau316 Ti Rakau Drive, BurswoodMon - Fri 8am - 5pmPatients: (09) 273 8980, Walk-ins OKCounties ManukauBotany Medical & Urgent Care2 Market Square Botany Town Centre, East TamakiMon - Fri 8am - 6pm, Sat/Sun 9am - 3pmPatients: (09) 280 1790, Walk-ins OKAucklandManukau Family Doctors A597 Great South Road, ManukauMon - Fri 2pm - 5pmPatients: (09) 277 5777, Walk-ins OKAucklandMt Eden 575
575 Mt Eden Road, Mt Eden
(09) 623 4599Mon - Fri 2pm - 4pmPatients: 027 383 9478, No walk-insCounties ManukauKaraka Family Health7/71 Hingaia Road, KarakaMon - Fri 8.30am - 5pm, Sat/Sun 9am - 2pmPatients: (09) 282 5999 or 021 183 1191, Walk-ins OKAucklandSt Heliers Medical Centre
10 Turua Street Pimlico Building, St Heliers
(09) 575 9491Mon - Fri 9am - 12pm, 1.30pm - 4pmBy appointment please and GP Referrals only. No walk-insWaitematāNorthcare
5 Home Place, Rosedale
(09) 479 7770Mon - Sun 8am- 6pmDrive Thru OKCounties ManukauThe Airport Doctors3/400 George Bolt Memorial Drive, MangereMon - Fri 8.30am - 5pmPatients call (09) 256 8655 and wait in carAucklandThe Auckland City Doctors
415 Queen Street, Auckland CBD
(09) 280 3555Mon - Fri 9am - 5pmPatients call (09) 280 3555 and wait in carCounties ManukauBeachlands Medical Centre129 Beachlands Road, BeachlandsMon - Fri 8.15am - 4.45pmCall first (09) 536 6006AucklandOtahuhu Family Medical centre507 Great South Road, OtahuhuMon - Fri 9am - 4:30pmCall first (09) 276 0444