Otago Museum Launches New Website
Embark on a virtual voyage of discovery with the brand new Otago Museum website! Now it’s even easier to find out what’s
happening at your Museum and to turn your intention to visit into action – buy tickets online, book in for special
programmes and holiday activities, see what’s on offer, what’s coming up and more.
Developed in-house by the Otago Museum using freeware, the new site is a fresh, easy-to-navigate, user-centric,
up-to-the-minute repository of all things Museum. Whatever you need to know about your Museum – you’ll find it at www.otagomuseum.govt.nz
• Image-rich pages showcasing the stories of our galleries and exhibitions, connected directly to related events and
• A dedicated ‘What’s On’ section for what’s happening at your Museum. If you’re looking to entertain the kids, there’s
a section just for them. If you’re a teacher bringing a student, you’ll find everything you need. If you’re looking for
what’s hot right now, it’s right up front!
• A new online booking system which provides a user-friendly way to secure your place at a fantastic range of offerings,
including guided tours, events and activities. Purchase Discovery World Tropical Forest tickets online before visiting.
• An informative Venue Hire section which allows you to explore various venue spaces and plan a business or social
gathering to remember. With the new Parties page, it’s easy to organise a memorable Museum birthday bash for your child.
• The online Museum Shop which offers you the convenience of shopping online while supporting your Museum. Discover an
extensive selection of New Zealand arts and crafts, educational toys and more.
• Rare and special opportunities to glimpse behind the scenes at the Otago Museum. Watch as the articulated skeleton of
Autahi the Leopard seal is assembled in Otago’s Ocean and enjoy a daily sneak peek into an Otago Museum collection
• Easy ways to share your Museum favourites on Facebook or Twitter, or by email. Connect with the Museum’s Facebook and
Twitter pages for regular updates on events and exhibitions.
“With enhanced design and usability, our new website is a true reflection of Otago Museum quality and we’re delighted
it’s now available to our community online,” says Clare Wilson, Director – Collections, Research and Experience. “We
hope it will help people make the most of their visits and encourage them to come more often.”
“Our team has done a great job with the new site,” says Ms Wilson. “It’s thoughtful, easy to use, highly attractive and
comprehensive. It ensures the quality of our web presence matches the real thing!”
Explore our brand new website and discover the enhanced features for yourself at www.otagomuseum.govt.nz