Balance of Payments and International Investment Position: Year ended 31 March 2014
25 September 2014
At 31 March 2014:
• Of New Zealand’s $171.2 billion total investment abroad, 58.1 percent was in Australia, the United States, and
the United Kingdom.
• Of the $322.3 billion foreign investment in New Zealand, 62.3 percent was from Australia, the United Kingdom,
and the United States.
• New Zealand’s total investment in Germany was $5.2 billion, making it the fourth-largest outward investment
• Japan’s total investment in New Zealand was $8.5 billion, making it the fourth-largest inward investor.
• New Zealand’s foreign-currency-denominated external debt was $97.3 billion (93.3 percent of which was hedged).
For more information about these statistics: