iHeartRadio App Launches on iPhone and Android
5 September 2013 – The Radio Network (TRN) announced today the launch of the iHeartRadio App on iPhone and Android will be Friday 6 September, extending the availability of Clear Channel’s free, industry-leading, all-in-one digital radio service, in New Zealand. The iHeartRadio app has already amassed more than 210 million downloads in the States, making it one of the most popular free apps.
iPhone and Android users will now be able to access the music and features they love, including more than 1,000 radio stations from New Zealand, Australia and the US, mood related stations “Perfect For’ any activity and user created Custom Stations that showcase more than 400,000 artists and 16 million songs.
“With Smartphones users growing at an incredibly fast rate in New Zealand, developing iHeartRadio app as quickly as possible was a priority. Users can now access their favourite live and custom stations from anywhere off their Smartphone.” said TRN’s CEO Jane Hastings. “iHeartRadio is free, incredibly easy to use service and the mobile app extends this experience.”
iHeartRadio app features includes:
· Live Radio – Access more than 1,000 live stations from NZ, Australia and the US, including digital only stations spanning all genres
· Custom Stations – Create personalised stations by entering an artist or song and iHeartRadio will create a station including similar music. Listeners can also ‘Thumbs Up’ or ‘Thumbs Down’ music to indicate song preference and further personalise stations
· Greater User Control – With iHeartRadio’s unique ‘Discovery Tuner’ listeners can adjust a Custom Station to play familiar songs – or select ‘Less Familiar’ to play a wider variety
· “Perfect For” Stations – Choose from thousands of curated stations based on a range of moods and activities performance for any given day and time
· Sleep Timer – Fall asleep listening to live or Custom Stations. The Sleep Timer can be set in time increments from 15 minutes to 3 hours
iHeartRadio reached 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in internet history. It continues to be the No. 1 all-in-one digital service in the U.S. with nearly 210 million downloads of the iHeartRadio mobile app and more than 60 million monthly unique users across its network. With a library of more than 16 million songs and 400,000 artists, iHeartRadio’s Custom Station feature offers listeners more music than any other service available. iHeartRadio will continue to evolve with new functions and content being regularly released to New Zealand users.
The iHeartRadio app is launching to capture the thousands of people who will be at or who will see the live streaming of iHeartRadio New Zealand’s free Lorde concert at Vector Arena in Auckland on 7 September 2013. www.iheartradio.co.nz