Ericsson ConsumerLab TV and Media Report
In separate research, Ericsson ConsumerLab research shows how many New Zealanders are watching TV and video content on
their smartphones and tablets:
· 28% watch TV and Video content on their tablet
· 30% are streaming video on their smartphones
· 6% are watching live TV shows on their smartphones
ConsumerLab separate study of 500 New Zealand daily Internet users who own a mobile phone and/ or tablet, aged between
16 and 60 and who took part in an online survey for Ericsson ConsumerLab in mid-2013. This research is different to the
that undertaken for the global ConsumerLab TV & Media report.
New attitudes toward television viewing become clear in a new report from Ericsson ConsumerLab, the fourth annual report
looking at consumer trends in the TV area.
· 72% use mobile screens for video viewing each week, slide 9 shows decrease in TV screen viewing and an increase in
Laptop, smart phone and tablet viewing, and 42% of them do so outside the home.
· The report highlights the emergence of a new TV watching curve different to the Traditional curve of morning and
evening TV viewing. As screens have broken out of the living room and video has found its way into to new situations
throughout our daily lives, Slide 8
· Choice of video TV video content is ranked as the fifth most important aspect of TV and video experience, slide 7. The
challenge for providers is the easy-to use á la carte TV solution that aggregates the consumers TV & Video needs, linear TV is just one ingredient, along with play streaming and video on demand.