Standards New Zealand hosts the Meritorious Service Awards each year to recognise the outstanding contribution that
winning committee members make to Standards development.
We announced the 2011 Meritorious Service Awards this morning at a reception at the Beehive. We congratulate all of our
Winners of Standards New Zealand’s Meritorious Service Awards include:
• Individual committee members:
• Diane Baguley from Onehunga, Auckland – quality management and quality assurance
• Bill Birch (William Caccia-Birch) from Wellington – safe chemical management
• Andrew Brickell from Penrose, Auckland – conditions of contract for building and engineering
• Alison Elliott (from Wellington) – information and documentation
• Peter Fisher (from Nelson) – earth moving machinery
• Committee of the Year – the Department of Internal Affairs Compliance Guide Advisory Group
• Standards Council Award for Outstanding Contribution to Standards and Standardisation – Derek Johns (from St
Read about all our winners in our media release
About Standards New Zealand
Standards New Zealand is the operating arm of the Standards Council, and part of New Zealand’s standards and conformance
infrastructure. Standards New Zealand is an autonomous Crown entity responsible for managing the development and
distribution of Standards across a range of sectors nationally.
Standards New Zealand is a self-funded, not-for-profit organisation, relying on revenue primarily from contracts with
sponsors to develop Standards, and from sales of Standards publications. Our independence helps us facilitate a cross
section of stakeholders’ contributions to the development of Standards, and ensure that each Standard meets the needs of
Stay in touch
, Standards New Zealand’s free monthly electronic magazine, for the latest Standards news. Subscribe to Touchstone here
The question is not what you gain from standardisation, it’s what you lose without it.
Standards New Zealand – Setting the Standard for 80 years (1932 – 2012)