New Chorus Executive team announced
Chorus today announces appointments to the New Chorus Executive team, in the event that shareholders approve the
"I am delighted to have a team of high performing people who are dedicated to building a strong business based on
delivering a great experience for our customers and partnering with the Crown, retail service providers, infrastructure
providers and other stakeholders to build a fibre future for New Zealand," said Mark Ratcliffe, Chorus CEO.
While most of the appointments have been confirmed, the role of Chief Financial Officer has not yet been filled. Brian
Hall, who has been appointed as Financial Controller will act as CFO in the interim.
The New Chorus Executive team appointments and their accountabilities are:
* Ed Beattie, GM Property & Network Operations, responsible for managing the performance of New Chorus' fibre and copper network and maintaining
its portfolio of network assets.
* Sara Broadhurst, GM Human Resources, responsible for building organisational capability, culture and people
* Chris Dyhrberg, GM Network Build, responsible for network investment, planning, capital management and the roll out of
the ultra-fast broadband and rural broadband initiatives.
* Irene Lovejoy, Executive Assistant to the CEO, responsible for management of the CEO office and business
* Vanessa Oakley, General Counsel & Company Secretary, responsible for legal and regulatory affairs, government relations, compliance, audit and risk.
* Ewen Powell, Chief Information Officer, responsible for technology and enterprise infrastructure and managing the
systems platforms to deliver business and customer operations.
* Nick Woodward, GM Customer Services, responsible for operational business transactions between customers, suppliers
The role of GM Sales & Marketing, responsible for managing the product portfolio, customer management, business development, marketing, brand
and communications, is close to confirmation and will be announced in the next few days.
Mark said that he is proud to have drawn from exceptional talent within the wider Telecom organisation to secure the New
Chorus Executive team. "It underlines the experience and wealth of knowledge that will be invaluable in the new
Telecom has proposed to demerge New Chorus, which will be a nationwide fixed line access network infrastructure
operator, into a stand alone listed company in order for it to participate in the Government's ultra-fast broadband
Telecom has previously said that it aims to demerge New Chorus by the end of 2011.