They're Ready To Run At Karaka
There is less than one week to go until selling starts at New Zealand Bloodstock's Ready to Run Sale of two-year-olds.
On the back of an outstanding run of success at the Melbourne Spring Carnival that saw New Zealand horses claim five of the ten races on the card on Derby Day, plus four races on Cup day including the exalted Emirates Melbourne Cup with Zabeel colt Efficient (NZ), interest in what New Zealand vendors have to offer next week is high.
The 404 entries in this year's catalogue represent the strongest selection of young horses seen at this Sale, with over 140 individual sires represented.
Amongst the selection are half or full relatives to G1 Queensland Oaks winner Eskimo Queen, G1 HKJC CHampions Mile winner Able One, HKJC Stewards Cup winner Russian Pearl, and dual G1 winner Jokers Wild.
A number of entries also received timely boosts to their pedigrees by recent Spring racing successes. These include:
• Lot 29 B.F Le Bec Fin x Cape Win (Cape Cross): This filly is from a half-sister to the dam of G.1 MRC Thousand Guineas winner and VRC Oaks second placegetter Serious Speed (Royal Academy).
• Lot 99 B.C No Excuse Needed x Faberge (Towkay): This colt is from a half-sister to the dam of Group 1 winning two-year-old Alamosa, the winner of the G.2 Hawkes Bay Guineas (1400m) since the catalogue went to print.
• Lot 104 B.C Golan x Far South (Stark South): By the sire of VRC Derby winner Kibbutz is a half-brother to recently Group 1 placed filly in the MRC Thousand Guineas Antarctic Miss.
• Lot 370 Ch.G Captain Rio x Vinci (Vain): This gelding is from a half-sister to the dam of reigning NZ Horse of the Year Seachange and recent G.1 New Zealand Bloodstock One Thousand Guineas placegetter Keepa Cruisin (Keeper).
• Lot 401 Ch.G Van Nistelrooy x Astralita (Kenny's Best Pal): This gelding is a half-brother to recent stakeswinner in the USA Astronomia.
• Recent Australian race winners such as Dress Suit, Found and Kept, North Terrace, Brough Superior and For Keeps all have half-relatives in the Sale, as have promising recent winners in New Zealand Anna Bek, Idea, Lacylini, My Spec, Sophocles, Julia, and Top Echelon.
The catalogue also includes a selection of horses that are already all paid up and eligible to nominate for the inaugural one million dollar race for Karaka Yearling Sale graduates, the 2008 Karaka Million. This race is set to take place at the Auckland Racing Club's Ellerslie racecourse on Sunday 27th January, the eve of the 2008 Karaka Premier Sale.
The 2007 Ready to Run Sale will be conducted at Karaka on 20 & 21 November from 11am each day. Click here for a full list of Pedigree Updates, or for catalogues and breeze up clips email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the NZB website.