· The backlog of partially treated wastewater overflowing at the Inglewood oxidation pond (sewage treatment pond) has
· We apologise for the incident and thank everyone for their patience while our staff worked hard to fix it.
· Heavy rain and storms earlier in the week caused the overflow into the Kurapete Stream, which flows into the Maunganui
· Most of the overflow was rainwater and was partially treated but Do Not Swim warnings remain in place at both the
Stream and the River.
· We quickly notified the regulators, TRC and TDHB, iwi and hapu and other recreational users.
· Check our Can I Swim
webpage for the latest info.
· While it’s not ideal, we do have a TRC consent for the overflow in times of heavy rain.
· Our Mayor and Councillors have this week recommended including a $248 million investment to upgrade our water networks
in our next 10-Year budget which will help prevent issues like this in future.