11am updateA severe weather event has resulted in surface flooding and sewerage overflows around some parts of the District.Residents are urged to slow down, take care and drive to the conditions and to not swim or collect kai from some
waterways.Our emergency response team has been mobilised and public health warnings signs will be put up.We have crews on the ground, to tidy up any rain related debris or drainage issues.More heavy rain is forecast for today and overnight.Investment in our ageing water network is a key consideration for our next 10-Year Plan and will help ensure our system
can perform during severe weather events like this.Closed roadsHuatoki Plaza by the river and the Puke Ariki under pass in central New Plymouth are closed due to the river rising.Calvert road in Moturoa is closed.
· Brougham St is about to be closed.Egmont Road between Katere and Henwood roads, please take care.Sewerage overflows
· Nga Motu beach pump station is overflowing.
· Te Henui pump station is overflowing, please keep clear of East End and Fitzroy beaches.
· Huatoki pump station has overflowed.
· All Waitara and Inglewood wastewater is going into storage.
· Glen Avon, the river is coming into the pump station.
· Our historic Wastewater Treatment Plant is in overdrive, pumping around 1,300 litres a second and operating to its
maximum capacity but coping.