Public Zooming and Phone Feedback Hotline, innovative ways to connect on
NPDC’s proposed Covid-19 relief package
Public ‘Zoominars’ with Councillors will provide a modern forum for NPDC to gather feedback on its proposed
multi-million-dollar plans to help residents and businesses hit by the Covid-19 economic storm as part of its revised
And for those not online, they can talk to a person via our dedicated phone ‘Feedback Hotline’ to share their views.
New Plymouth District Mayor Neil Holdom says: “Our revised yearly budget includes a range of proposed Back on Our Feet
initiatives from slashing fees for restaurants, hairdressers, cafes and builders to giving Taranaki suppliers an
advantage when bidding for NPDC jobs, as together we weather the Covid 19 economic storm.
“We’re keen to hear what you think and are looking forward to new ideas and feedback,” says Mayor Holdom.
NPDC’s annual plan for the year ahead has been revised because of the Covid economic shock, including a $5.4 million
drop in income. Proposed rate increases have been halved to about 2.5% for the average home and the operating budget is
approximately $175 million.
The proposed package of projects to help the District get Back On Our Feet are worth about $20 million. Already in place
are an $8 million rates relief package and $165,000 in funding to Venture Taranaki to support small to medium
businesses. NPDC is asking for feedback on:
· Continuing to ‘Buy local’ and giving Taranaki contractors and suppliers an advantage when bidding for NPDC jobs.
· Keeping tradies in work making residents’ homes warmer and greener via our expanded Home Insulation scheme, $7.5
· Slashing fees for local businesses including restaurants, hairdressers, cafes and builders, $1.3 million.
· Giving faster access to boosted community funding for grassroots groups, $450,000.
· Topping up property owners to help enhance main street buildings, $50,000.
Public feedback runs from the 12 to 26 of May 2020.The Details
· Fill in our 5 minute survey here newplymouthnz.com/BackOnOurFeet
and go in the draw to win a voucher to support local businesses Get Back on their Feet. There are six SOS vouchers up
for grabs, including a main prize of $500.
· Head to newplymouthnz.com/zoominars
to see details about the times and topics of the three public ‘Zoominars’. All welcome.
· Call 06 759 6060 from 8am to 5pm on weekdays and ask for the ‘Feedback hotline’ and our team is available to talk,
take your feedback and fill in the survey over the phone.