Water restrictions update - 8 January
With many of us heading back to work this week our water restrictions have reduced in some areas, however residents and
visitors are asked to please continue to comply with the water restrictions for the good of the community.
Whangamata - The sprinkler ban has now been reduced to alternate days restriction. This means the water supply is still under
pressure. Hoses, sprinklers and garden irrigation systems can only be used on alternate days. If your address is an even
number you can use your hose on even numbered days, and vice versa for odd numbered houses.
Tairua - The alternate days restriction remains in place.
Hahei - The sprinkler ban has been reduced to a conserve water message.
Thames South - A reminder that there is a permanent irrigation ban in place for Thames South (including Hikutaia, Omaha, Puriri and
For all other areas across our district we ask you to please continue to conserve water.
We'll continue monitoring water use in our nine urban and two rural water supply schemes regularly and reviewing our
water restrictions daily. Any changes are posted on our website, email newsletters
and our Facebook page.
Please report water wastage and water leaks to Customer Service on 07 868 0200.
Top 5 smart water conservation tips
1. Wait until you can do full loads before you wash dishes or use the washing machine.
2. Don’t run the water when brushing your teeth.
3. For cool drinking water, fill a jug and keep it in the fridge. Running water to cool it down can waste 10 litres
4. For lawns, apply the ‘step test’ – if grass springs back after you walk on it, it doesn’t need watering.
5. If your toilet has a dual flush button, use the half flush.