Road Update 2 September
The rain moving off the Coromandel last night gave the flood waters the opportunity to recede, which is good news for
this mornings comuters.
Here is the road update:
• Old Maratoto Road - signs still indicate flooding, the road is passable by 4x4 only
• SH25 (Prescotts Garage) - road is open but take care surface water flooding still present
• Wires Road ford - water has receded and the ford is open
• Otamakite Road ford - water has receded and the ford is open
• Kauaeranga Valley Road - water is receding, proceed with caution
• Victoria Street no. 2 ford - water has receded, ford is open
•Waiomu Valley Road ford - water is still high, road is closed
•Wentworth Valley Road - surface water flooding, road is open but water is still running swiftly over the ford - care is
• SH25 (Mcleods Straight & Wade Road) - water has receded
• Port Charles Road - open to one lane, Transfield are returning to remove the tree to open the road fully
More rain is expected tonight, with another front coming through late Friday.
Please take care on the roads and continue to update us with reports from your area.