SCIRT traffic update for this week, ending 6 September 2013 and next, starting 9 September
Major bridge closure NEXT WEEKEND, 13-15 September:
Opawa’s Heathcote bridge on Brougham St will be closed to all traffic 6pm Friday to 6 am Monday. Read our web story for
For all central city routes check this map, updated weekly:
• Colombo St south of Bealey reopened to two-way traffic this week.
• From Monday, 9 September, Madras St south of Bealey Ave will lose a lane for up to three months.
• Salisbury St east of Madras St will be just two lanes wide from 9 September for a month.
• Wastewater work on Victoria St and Park Terrace should be completed by 13 September.
• Manchester St, Peterborough to Kilmore, just one lane for southbound traffic only, northbound diversion in place until
mid October. Manhole and gravity wastewater work.
• Colombo St/ Salisbury intersection – lane closures for manhole installation from around 12 September for two months.
• Cambridge Terrace/ Durham St North reduced to one lane with turning restrictions at Armagh St. Finishing early
• Cambridge Terrace, Montreal to Hereford, one-way system starting around 12 September until early November.
• Cranmer Square West – road closure for a month, Chester St West to Kilmore St, near Cathedral Grammar School.
• Carlton Mill Road and Bealey Ave adjoining, work started early September – pedestrian detour and footpath closures but
two lanes of traffic maintained. May be completed early next week (9 September).
The central city view forward:
Maps which show SCIRT work upcoming in the central city, month to month and peak month March 2014, are at the bottom of
this story on today’s Press website:
Outside the Four Avenues
• Brighton’s Bower Ave and New Brighton Road intersection, reopened today 6 September.
• In Aranui, work on Pages Road has increased this week with SCIRT’s City Care team working around the entrance to
Shuttle Drive, between Nga Hau e Wha marae and Cuthberts Green. Two-way traffic is being maintained. McConnell Dowell is
already working on the streets off Pages Road and a pump station is being constructed on Bexley Reserve to the east.
• In Wainoni, on Wainoni Road, past the Pak’n Save supermarket, McConnell Dowell will be working along the middle of the
road from next week, 9 September. Two-way traffic will be maintained and access to the supermarket not affected.
• At North Beach’s Frosts Road/ Travis Road roundabout, Frosts Road, at the side of the QEII site, remains one way north
• In Shirley, North Parade was reopened to two-way traffic this week.
• In Shirley, Banks Ave is closed between McBratneys and Coopers Road.
• Northern St Albans has intersection closures in the Esperance St/ McFaddens Road area around 11 September. Weston
Road/ Knowles St intersection should reopen the same time.
• Shirley, New Brighton Road near the Palms, Marshland Road to Cresswell Ave, two way traffic maintained with traffic
management in place. Trench along north side of road. Please take care and slow down.
SCIRT thanks everyone for slowing around work sites, taking care where there are cyclists and pedestrians and making an
extra effort to support your local and city businesses – parking and walking an extra distance, planning ahead.