CMJ Traffic Bulletin: Sunday 21 September To Thursday 25 September
· Progress continues on the first stage of the Central Motorway Junction upgrade project. Over the coming week motorists will be affected by lane, ramp and local road closures in the project area.
o The following on and off-ramps, local roads and links – CLOSED - at night from 8pm until 6am from Sunday 21 to Thursday 25 September:
o Symonds Street on-ramp southbound
o Gillies Ave off-ramp southbound
o Khyber Pass off-ramp northbound
o Wellesley St/ Port off northbound (heading into the city)
o SH16 to SH1 link (Northwestern – Southern Motorway)
· Sections of Khyber Pass Road and Boston Road
· Khyber Pass on- and off-ramps and Khyber Pass Road - CLOSED - during the day on Sunday 21 September from 6am to 7pm. Alternative routes will be clearly sign-posted.
Gillies Ave on-ramp northbound – CLOSED - overnight from 8pm Monday 22 until 6am Tuesday 23 September.
· Choose alternative on- and off-ramps during these times.
Alternative routes will be clearly signposted at roadwork sites. All closures are weather permitting. In the event of bad weather, work will be postponed until the next clear night. Temporary barriers are erected and cones placed in all areas.
Motorists are advised that there could be delays.
· Ongoing north and southbound lane closures at night until 2005:
Southern Motorway between the Gillies Avenue on- and off-ramps and the Symonds Street over-bridge until 2005 – north and southbound lane closures at night. At least one lane will remain open to traffic at all times.
The CMJ Project Stage 1 of Transit’s Central Motorway Junction upgrade project covers the section of motorway between the Upper Queen Street over-bridge and Gillies Avenue on- and off-ramps and is scheduled for completion in 2005.
Project information centre: corner of Stanley Street and Alten Road, Grafton, 8.30am – 5.30pm, weekdays.
Phone 0800 ToFreeflow (0800 863 733) or www.transit.govt.nz