DE RUEHMZ #0574 2851545
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 121545Z OCT 07
FM AMCONSUL MUNICH
TO SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 4149
UNCLAS MUNICH 000574
DEPT. FOR PM/DTTC - BLUE LANTERN COORDINATOR AND EUR/AGS
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: ETTC KOMC GM
SUBJECT: BLUE LATERN LEVEL 3: POST-SHIPMENT END-USE CHECK ON LICENSE
REF: STATE 117289
1. ConGen contacted Bernhard Wagner, Managing Director of
Prueftechnik Dieter Busch AG. Wagner confirmed that Prueftechnik
had received all 10 Inertial Sensor Assemblies (ISA) listed on the
license and assured us the ISAs had been incorporated into
Prueftechnik's PARALIGN systems.
2. Prueftechnik provided ConGen a list identifying which specific
ISA had been incorporated into which PARALIGN machine. Prueftechnik
stated that the sets of gyros are firmly integrated into the
PARALIGN systems and cannot be easily transferred from one machine
to the other. Prueftechnik confirmed the sets of gyros
incorporated into the PARALIGN systems would be used by Prueftechnik
and its subsidiaries for demonstration purposes at trade shows.
3. Post found no indication that Prueftechnik is acting in a manner
inconsistent with U.S. export controls, or was not forthcoming in
its answers to our questions.
4. This report has been coordinated with Embassy Berlin.
5. Previous reporting from Munich is available on our SIPRNET
website at www.state.sgov.gov/p/eur/munich/ .