Customers Vault Oracle Into Top Position In Business Intelligence Market
** Overall Highest Satisfaction Ratings in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Industry **
Oracle Corporation (Nasdaq: ORCL), the world's largest provider of enterprise software, today announced that it has been
ranked as the industry's number one vendor for data warehousing and business intelligence. According to DM Review's
annual DM Review 100 product usage and vendor rating survey, Oracle ranked first among the market's most important
business intelligence vendors based on the strength of its industry-leading business intelligence, data warehousing,
customer relationship and analytic application solutions.
"Surveys of DM Review's readership have shown time and again that customers continue to choose Oracle to run their data
warehousing and business intelligence solutions. Oracle is consistently placed in high regard for its expertise, service
and support," said Ron Powell, publisher, DM Review. "This year's survey not only reaffirms those past findings, but
also indicates that Oracle has significant customer momentum behind its products and initiatives in the highly
competitive business intelligence software market."
The DM Review 100 is determined through an extensive survey of DM Review readers conducted by Market Perspectives, Inc.
from May through June 2001. For each of eight categories, survey respondents were asked to rate their satisfaction with
products currently in use in their data centre implementations. In categories covering business intelligence software
functionality, DM Review's survey results underscore the value customers place on Oracle's data warehousing and business
* Database and Datastore Products: Eighty-three percent of Oracle's users rated the database as "Very Good" or
* Business Intelligence (BI) Products: Nearly three-fourths of users rated Oracle's BI products as either "Very Good" or
* Data Warehouse Administration, Design, and Management: 80 percent of respondents rated Oracle's tools as "Very Good"
* Business Solutions and Analytic Applications: Oracle was utilised more than any other vendor for analytic
applications. Microsoft and IBM, neither of which provides analytic applications, were not listed.
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Solutions: Oracle was the second-most utilised vendor for CRM solutions, ranked
behind only Siebel. However, 70 percent of respondents rated Oracle's CRM solutions as "Very Good" or "Excellent,"
compared to 64 percent for Siebel.
"We are proud of our position in the DM Review 100 because it is based on real world customer feedback," said Robert
Shimp, vice president of Oracle9i Database Marketing for Oracle Corporation. "Only Oracle9i provides everything you need
to deploy Business Intelligence faster and more simply."