You are warmly invited to a meeting for 'Arts in the Supercity' which will take place:
Wednesday 11th November
*From 7 pm (arrive in good time, as we will start promptly at 7)
TAPAC, Motions Road, Western Springs
To bring you up to speed, here is the update since the first meeting:
Artists Alliance and Creative People's Centre have met, and from the feedback at the first meeting have achieved the
* Identified the need to form a small group that is able (able = having time, commitment, focus, local and/or regional
relationships and the up-to-date information) to represent to the ATA and other decision-making bodies local and
regional issues faced by the arts sector in the transition to a Super City
* Drafted a vision statement for the representative group; key aspects of the vision were expressed at the first
-Forming a unified arts policy across the region that ensures the arts sector in its diversity of groups, practices and
interests is actively represented.
-Acting as a conduit between arts sector and the decision makers. Seek direction from those attending the meeting as to
the role of the arts in the super city? What is the vision?
The purpose of the the November 11th meeting is:
* Seek a mandate from attending representatives of the arts sector to form a representative group and present suggested
names for the group.
* Seek ideas from those attending the meeting as to how the group might best achieve the goal of representing issues to
* To have present MPs and other key decision makers directly involved in the super city process. They will be asked to
address issues and concerns expressed by those who attended the initial meeting.