INDEPENDENT NEWS

At Work Rejects Golden Handshake Claims

Published: Thu 10 Feb 2000 02:47 PM
Media Release
Thursday 10 February 2000
At WORK REJECTS GOLDEN HANDSHAKE CLAIMS
State Insurer At Work Insurance today strongly rejected allegations that company senior executives were in line for $1 million dollar pay-outs.
Chairman Michael Cashin said his statements to the Accident Insurance Select Committee on Wednesday were correct and that redundancy costs would make-up a minority part of any disestablishment costs for the company.
“Redundancy costs for the total 45 staff are expected to be less than $900,000, and well short of the million dollars claimed for one or two employees.”
Mr Cashin said the statement by ACT MP Ken Shirley appeared based on a news story run by the National Business Review last week which contained several errors of fact, in addition to the false claim of a million dollar pay-out for At Work Chief Executive Sam Knowles.
Mr Cashin said the redundancy provisions for At Work staff were unremarkable in the environment in which the company operated, and were consistent with the normal business practice under which the SOE was required to operate.
ENDS

Next in New Zealand politics

Resolution for Canterbury owners of on-sold homes
By: New Zealand Government
First urban growth partnership signed
By: New Zealand Government
Secondary principals to vote on industrial action
By: Post Primary Teachers' Association
Update: Serious incident, Gore
By: New Zealand Police
Accused mosque shooter's letter posted to 4chan
By: RNZ
National’s Campaign Chair Announced
By: New Zealand National Party
Historic abuse survivors can speak freely
By: New Zealand Government
Sexual Violence Court reduces lead-up times and trauma
By: Chief District Court Judge
New prospects for owners of Canterbury on-sold property
By: Earthquake Commission
Growing Hamilton isn’t a choice, it’s a responsibility
By: Hamilton City Council
Police collision with motorcycle following pursuit in Chch
By: Independent Police Conduct Authority
Police accept IPCA report into Christchurch motorcycle crash
By: New Zealand Police
Trial of Christchurch mosque attack accused may be delayed
By: RNZ
Fourth court hearing for accused mosque gunman
By: RNZ
Teen pleads guilty to possessing mosque shoooting video
By: RNZ
View as: DESKTOP | MOBILEWe're in BETA! Send Feedback © Scoop Media