Oral Questions - 8 May 2019
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon SIMON BRIDGES to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by all her Government’s statements, policies, and
2. MARAMA DAVIDSON to the Minister for Climate Change: What recent announcements has he made regarding climate
3. Hon PAULA BENNETT to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by all her Government’s statements, policies, and
4. Hon AMY ADAMS to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement that “we are building an economy that
is more productive”; if so, why is annual GDP per capita growth at its lowest level since 2011?
5. JO LUXTON to the Minister of Education: What, if anything, is the Government doing to ensure that initial
teacher education better prepares beginning teachers to meet the needs of students?
6. Hon JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister of Housing and Urban Development: Does he stand by his statement last
Thursday in regard to an additionality test on KiwiBuild developments, “The assessment is embodied in a whole lot of
other communications” and “they’re going to get back to the National Party Research Unit this afternoon with that
7. Hon NIKKI KAYE to the Minister of Education: Is he confident that he can meet the expectations of the education
sector and parents in Budget 2019 in light of his promises, and potential teacher strikes?
8. Dr DEBORAH RUSSELL to the Minister of Revenue: What reports, if any, has he seen about the implementation of the
Business Transformation programme?
9. MATT DOOCEY to the Minister of Health: What is his best estimate of the cost of increasing access to mental
health and addiction services from the current target of 3 percent to 20 percent of the population, which was identified
as an indicative target in the executive summary on page 12 of the Report of the Government Inquiry into Mental Health
10. Hon LOUISE UPSTON to the Minister for Social Development: What are the 15 recommendations from the Welfare
Expert Advisory Group’s report that the Government are progressing, and the five recommendations she has commissioned
extra advice on as stated in her answers to oral questions Nos. 6 and 10 yesterday?
11. Dr LIZ CRAIG to the Minister of Immigration: What announcements has he made today about immigration settings for
12. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Police: Does he stand by all his statements, policies, and actions?