Oral Questions - 21 February 2019
Questions to Ministers
1. KIRITAPU ALLAN to the Minister of Finance: What is the Government’s initial response to the independent Tax
Working Group report released today?
2. Hon PAULA BENNETT to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by all her Government’s statements, policies, and
3. Hon AMY ADAMS to the Minister of Finance: Will he commit to ensuring that any changes the Government makes in
response to the Tax Working Group’s report are revenue neutral to the Government?
4. GREG O'CONNOR to the Minister for Disability Issues: What recent announcements has she made to improve
employment conditions for disabled people?
5. Hon PAUL GOLDSMITH to the Minister for Regional Economic Development: Does he think that increasing the tax
burden on productive businesses would help or hinder investment into regional economic development?
6. CLAYTON MITCHELL to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Has he seen any reports on international incidents of
slavery and human trafficking?
7. Hon JACQUI DEAN to the Minister for Small Business: Does he think small businesses in New Zealand are facing
higher costs because of this Government’s policies and actions?
8. JENNY MARCROFT to the Minister for Regional Economic Development: What recent announcements has he made in
relation to the Provincial Growth Fund?
9. JO HAYES to the Minister for Whānau Ora: Does this Government believe in the Whānau Ora model?
10. RINO TIRIKATENE to the Minister for Māori Development: What recent announcements have been made about ensuring
te reo Māori is a living language in Aotearoa?
11. JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister of Energy and Resources: What particular error or errors if any, does she believe
NZIER has made in its calculations of the impact of her Government’s oil and gas exploration ban outside onshore
Taranaki, and what official advice, if any, has she received since the NZIER report’s publication on what the actual
economic impact will be?
12. SIMON O'CONNOR to the Minister of Housing and Urban Development: What percentage of homes added by Housing New
Zealand in the 2017/18 period were purchased or leased?