Oral Questions - 9 August 2018
Questions to Ministers
1. DARROCH BALL to the Minister of Defence: What progress, if any, has been made regarding the procurement of a
flight simulator for the NH90 helicopter fleet?
2. Hon PAULA BENNETT to the Prime Minister: Does her Government expect high standards from all Government
departments and Ministers?
3. Hon AMY ADAMS to the Minister of Finance: Has he received the Reserve Bank’s monetary policy statement released
today that shows GDP growth forecasts in the coming year have fallen by 0.5 percent; if so, what effect would lower GDP
have on Government revenue?
4. TAMATI COFFEY to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he seen on the economy?
5. CHRIS BISHOP to the Minister of Police: Does he stand by all his statements with regard to the appointment of
Wally Haumaha as Deputy Commissioner of Police?
6. Dr DEBORAH RUSSELL to the Minister of Revenue: What recent steps has he taken to prevent the misuse of tax
treaties by multinationals to avoid or minimise tax?
7. CHRIS BISHOP to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Does she stand by all her statements around the Government
inquiry into the appointment of the Deputy Commissioner of Police?
8. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Justice: Does he agree, in respect of the Electoral (Integrity) Amendment
Bill, with the description by his ministerial colleague Eugenie Sage that it is a “dead rat that we have to swallow”,
and by Greens at Vic that “The bill is a threat to democracy and terrible legislation”; if so, why is he continuing to
argue for its passage?
9. JAN TINETTI to the Minister of Immigration: What announcements has he made on post-study work rights for
10. ANDREW BAYLY to the Minister for Building and Construction: What are the key elements to be addressed in the
“risk and liability reallocation” work in relation to the construction industry she announced yesterday during question
11. RINO TIRIKATENE to the Minister of Employment: What recent announcements has the Government made to support
employers and young people?
12. MELISSA LEE to the Minister of Broadcasting, Communications and Digital Media: Does she stand by all her
statements and actions in the broadcasting, communications, and digital media portfolio?