Oral Questions - 1 August 2018
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon SIMON BRIDGES to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his Government’s policies and actions?
2. Hon PAULA BENNETT to the Minister of Education: Has he seen advice from Education New Zealand which estimates
that the proposed changes to post-study work rights for international students could cost the economy $486 million a
year, and how many jobs are projected to be lost within private training establishments as a result of these changes?
3. Dr DUNCAN WEBB to the Minister of Finance: What progress has been made on establishing the tripartite Forum on
the Future of Work?
4. Hon AMY ADAMS to the Minister of Finance: Does he have confidence in the Government’s management of the New
5. Hon NIKKI KAYE to the Minister of Education: Does he agree with the Prime Minister regarding teacher strikes,
who said “if we had more money we would have put it up there”, and what would be the salary increase for primary
teachers if the Government had not prioritised free tertiary fees and instead put that funding into teacher salaries?
6. DARROCH BALL to the Minister of Internal Affairs: What plans does the Government have to assist with
international firefighting efforts?
7. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Justice: Does he agree with the reported statement by Rt Hon Winston Peters
yesterday on the Electoral (Integrity) Amendment Bill that if MPs were allowed to party-hop that would destroy the
democratic fundamentals of society, and his previous statement that “Members of Parliament have to be free to follow
their conscience. They were elected to represent their constituents, not to swear an oath of blind allegiance to a
8. CHRIS BISHOP to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Does she have confidence in Pauline Kingi leading the
independent enquiry into the process around the appointment of Mr Wally Haumaha as Deputy Commissioner of Police?
9. Dr DEBORAH RUSSELL to the Minister of Research, Science and Innovation: What progress has been made on the
implementation of a Research and Development tax incentive?
10. Hon DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Corrections: What advice has he sought, if any, in relation to footage
posted on YouTube which appears to be of Mongrel Mob gang members using tattooing equipment on one another at Rimutaka
11. SARAH DOWIE to the Minister of Conservation: Is it still Government policy that there will be no new mining on
12. MARJA LUBECK to the Minister of Education: What steps is the Government taking to ensure that New Zealand’s
qualification system meets the needs of citizens and employers?