Hon Tony Ryall
Minister of Health
11 August 2011
New members for National Health Committee
Health Minister Tony Ryall has announced five new members of the National Health Committee.
The new members of the Committee are:
• Craig Climo, the Chief Executive Officer of Waikato DHB
• Ross Laidlaw, a retired lawyer and businessman from Wanaka
• Sharon Mariu, a businesswoman and member of the Waikato DHB
• Dr Mark O’Carroll, a respiratory physician from Auckland
• Alex Price, the Chief Executive of Fertility Associates.
They join Auckland paediatric surgeon Mrs Anne Kolbe, who was appointed as Chair in April.
The committee advises the Minister of Health on health and disability issues, and is involved in the assessment of new
diagnostic and treatment services.
Mr Ryall said he's pleased with the broad experience and expertise in the new Committee.