Wednesday, 19 December 2007
The worst behaved MPs list 2007
UnitedFuture leader Peter Dunne has released the annual list of the worst behaved MPs in the debating chamber for 2007.
The list is compiled from Parliament’s records and covers the number of times MPs have either being expelled from the
Chamber, or asked to withdraw and apologise for remarks made during debates.
The list for 2007 (with 2006 placings in parentheses as appropriate) is:
1. Hon Tau Henare (2nd in 2006) 5 expulsions, 2 withdraw and apologise
2. Hon Dr Nick Smith (1st in 2006) 3 expulsions, 6 withdraw and apologise
3. Hon Bill English (5th= in 2006) 2 expulsions, 5 withdraw and apologise
4. Rt Hon Winston Peters (4th in 2006) 1 expulsion, 7 withdraw and apologise
These were followed by Gerry Brownlee (down from 3rd in 2006), Dr Wayne Mapp, and Ron Mark.
Two who featured in the 2006 list, Hon Trevor Mallard and David Bennett do not feature this year.
Mr Dunne said that when these results are added to the results from 2005-2006, the worst behaved MPs for the duration of
this Parliament to date are:
1. Hon Dr Nick Smith 8 expulsions, 12 withdraw and apologise
2. Hon Tau Henare 8 expulsions, 7 withdraw and apologise
3=. Gerry Brownlee 2 expulsions, 15 withdraw and apologise
3=. Rt Hon Winston Peters 4 expulsions, 9 withdraw and apologise