Questions for Oral Answer Tuesday, 22 November 2005
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Does she have confidence in the Minister of Foreign Affairs; if so, why?
2. DARREN HUGHES to the Minister for Sport and Recreation: What will be the benefits to New Zealand of hosting the
Rugby World Cup 2011?
3. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Education: Does he agree with the statement regarding the New Zealand
Qualifications Authority that, "... the organisation is dealing with low morale, high attrition rates and an
over-reliance on contract staff. All these factors place the organisation in a vulnerable position;"; if so, why?
4. BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: Has all of the additional $71 million of funding made available in Budget
2005 to district health boards to pay for contracted providers of residential aged care services been ring-fenced to be
used for this purpose only; if not, why not?
5. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Corrections: Is he satisfied that the Government is doing all it can to alleviate the
reported current prison overcrowding crisis; if so, why?
6. MARYAN STREET to the Minister of Health: What progress has been made in upgrading New Zealand hospitals?
7. Hon MURRAY McCULLY to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Does he have confidence in all the foreign policies of the
Government; if so, why?
8. GEORGINA BEYER to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What reports has he received on the number of
people on benefits?
9. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: What medicines has the Ministry of Health started stockpiling for the
possibility of an influenza pandemic?
10. RODNEY HIDE to the Minister of Revenue: How much is the Inland Revenue Department paying per square metre for its
accommodation in Directories House, Christchurch, and what is the total cost of the fit out and move to Directories
11. SANDRA GOUDIE to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Does he stand by his statement regarding the new e-passport,
"It's people's perception of its beauty and its quality and its integrity."; if so, does he believe the "beauty" and
"integrity" of the new e-passport is worth twice as much as the old passport?
12. STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister of Conservation: What progress has the Department of Conservation made in island pest
Questions to Members
1. HEATHER ROY to the Chairperson of the Social Services Committee: Is the Social Services Committee conducting a
financial review of the Department of Child, Youth and Family Services; if so, on what date will evidence be heard?