Questions for Oral Answer
As At Thursday, 9 December 2004
Questions to Ministers
1. ROD DONALD to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: What explanation, if any, has he received from the Chinese
Government as to why they postponed an OECD seminar on raising labour standards in China and stopped CTU president, Ross
Wilson, visiting China to talk with Chinese union leaders?
2. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: Does he intend to recover some of the $47
million handed out in grants by New Zealand Trade and Enterprise where those grants have been shown to be in breach of
the Cabinet guidelines; if not, why not?
3. Hon MARK GOSCHE to the Minister of Labour: Has he received any reports on the implementation of the Holidays Act
4. RODNEY HIDE to the Minister of Finance: What has been the dollar increase in total tax, including indirect taxes,
paid by the average household in the four years since the 1999-2000 financial year, and what does this increase equate
to when adjusted for inflation?
5. TARIANA TURIA to the Minister of Internal Affairs: What evidence does the Department of Internal Affairs have of
reported allegations that Lottery Grants Board funding given to Whakaaratamaiti marae has been misspent, given that it
has begun an investigation?
6. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): What confidence does he have in the
council and chief executive of Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology?
7. MAHARA OKEROA to the Minister of Corrections: What steps have been taken to increase the capacity of the prison
system to cater for increasing numbers?
8. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does she still have confidence in her Minister of Immigration; if so,
9. DAVID PARKER to the Minister for the Environment: What progress have Government initiatives made towards cleaner
water in our streams and rivers, and what steps are being taken to ensure there is enough clean freshwater for every New
Zealander, now and in the future?
10. SIMON POWER to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Is he satisfied with all the course content of
Work and Income job skills courses; if not, why not?
11. LARRY BALDOCK to the Minister of Conservation: Why is the Department of Conservation planning to run trials
involving the release of poison into flowing public waterways for the purpose of wiping out introduced fish species such
12. DEBORAH CODDINGTON to the Associate Minister of Health: How does the Government expect to enforce the ban on smoking
in bars, and what measures will be implemented to deal with patrons and bar-owners who flagrantly disregard the law?