Questions for Oral Answer
As At Tuesday, 19 October 2004
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Does she have confidence in Hon John Tamihere; if so, why?
2. GORDON COPELAND to the Minister of Finance: Is all Government funding that is allocated to non-governmental
organisations, including trusts, conditional upon audited accounts being produced by the recipient; if not, why not?
3. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Prime Minister: What is the nature of the inquiry into allegations surrounding Hon John
Tamihere and the Waipareira Trust established yesterday by the Government, and can she assure the House that all
relevant matters will be fully inquired into?
4. LUAMANUVAO WINNIE LABAN to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Will the Foreign Minister consultations with
Papua New Guinea today address threats to regional security; if so, what are the priority areas for consideration?
5. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Health: When was she informed of the heightened concern among the New
Zealand public regarding meningococcal disease, and is she confident that the vaccine for meningococcal disease now
being prescribed by the Ministry of Health is safe?
6. RODNEY HIDE to the Prime Minister: Is it Government policy to require all taxpayers to declare all income to the
Inland Revenue Department, and has she or her Deputy asked Hon John Tamihere whether he declared his reported "golden
handshake" from the Waipareira Trust?
7. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Maori Affairs: What is the total amount of funding made available by Te Puni Kokiri
to Te Whanau O Waipareira Trust since 1 January 1998, and what was the purpose of this funding?
8. DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Agriculture: What reports, if any, has he received on the success of the Sustainable
9. RON MARK to the Minister of Police: Does he have confidence in the Police Commissioner; if so, why?
10. SUE BRADFORD to the Minister for ACC: Does she stand by her statement in the House on 13 October 2004, that Mr Steve
Longford "appealed to ACC because of his outstanding work in the area of family violence injury prevention"; if so, why?
11. LYNNE PILLAY to the Minister of Education: What steps is he taking to improve the use of information communications
technology in schools?
12. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Local Government: What advice has he received about when seven councils and 18
district health boards will get results for the local body elections that took place ten days ago?