Questions for Oral Answer
As At Tuesday, 7 October 2003
Questions to Ministers
1. LUAMANUVAO WINNIE LABAN to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: What view has New Zealand expressed on the
attendance of Zimbabwe at the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in Abuja in December, and on the continuing
suspension of Zimbabwe from the Commonwealth?
2. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her statement regarding legislation on the foreshore and
seabed, "I don't think it would be possible to pass legislation this year."; if so, what date does she expect
legislation to be introduced?
3. Hon MATT ROBSON to the Associate Minister of Health: What action has the coalition Government's Ministerial Committee
on Drug Policy taken to date to combat the methamphetamine drug problem in this country?
4. Hon DAVID CARTER to the Convenor, Ministerial Group on Climate Change: When will an announcement be made on the
future of the agricultural greenhouse gas emissions levy?
5. MARC ALEXANDER to the Minister of Justice: Is he satisfied with the provisions of the Parole Act 2002, which state
that as a guiding principle for the Parole Board, "the paramount consideration for the Board in every case is the safety
of the community.", yet the rights of victims are simply "upheld" and victims' submissions "given due weight"?
6. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Is she concerned about the number of New Zealanders on waiting lists for
elective surgery and State housing, and how many New Zealanders are on each list?
7. DAVE HEREORA to the Minister of Health: What steps has the Government taken to improve access to subsidised
8. RICHARD WORTH to the Attorney-General: Will she have the final recommendation on who the judges appointed to the
Supreme Court will be and is it her intention to follow the recommendations of the panel?
9. SUE KEDGLEY to the Minister for the Environment: Will she agree to visit Canada before the Government lifts the
moratorium on the growing of GE crops, so that she can see at first hand the problems Canada is experiencing as a result
of growing GE crops, as outlined in the recently released report by Canada's Department of Agriculture and Agri-Food; if
not, why not?
10. Hon RICHARD PREBBLE to the Attorney-General: Why did the Government decide not to appeal the Court of Appeal
decision in relation to the Marlborough foreshore case to the Privy Council?
11. MARK PECK to the Associate Minister of Commerce: What reports has he received comparing business compliance costs in
New Zealand with Australia?
12. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Police: Has he received any reports from the New Zealand Police on the
effectiveness of the Proceeds of Crime Act 1991; if so, what do those reports say?