6 August 2001 Media Statement
Public Trust Modernisation Board Further Appointments Announced
Deputy Prime Minister Jim Anderton today announced further appointments to the modernisation board of Public Trust.
This extended Modernisation Board will be replaced with the new Public Trust Board when the Public Trust Bill is
enacted. The new legislation is planned to take effect in October 2001.
The new board will consist of
- Experienced Wellington company director Peter Taylor, who will chair the board. He is a member of the Commerce
Commission and a former CEO of CCMAU.
- Financial services industry expert Pat Waite;
- Company director Liz Coutts;
- Auckland-based investment adviser Murray Weatherston (new member);
- Stephanie McIntyre, the Social Justice Commissioner in the Anglican Church (new member);
- Richard Nelson a Wellington based funds manager and investor (new member);
- Sarah Ottrey, marketing consultant (new member); and
- Patricia Jones, Bay of Plenty family and mental health lawyer (new member).
Minister in Charge of Public Trust, Jim Anderton said "The new board members need to be brought together in advance of
legislation being passed so that they can be fully involved in planning for the future".
"I am confident that Public Trust will have a strong future under the guidance of the new board and that the expertise
it will contribute will materially help management to address the issues the organisation faces," said Jim Anderton.