1. RANKIN - There has been a severe reprimand for WINZ CEO, Christine Rankin, in a report from the State Service
Commission. However she will keep her job, but not her performance bonus after the travel expenditure blow out over a
conference for managers that in total cost $230,000. No one knows how much money she will lose, but sources say it will
be a considerable amount. Rankin says she accepts the SSC verdict. Opposition politicians say she has got off lightly.
The PM says she is satisfied with the report.
2. LYPRINOL - Anyone who bought Lyprinol thinking it could cure cancer should be able to get their money back says the
Consumers Institute. But there is frustration from cancer sufferers who say they should have the choice to buy the
3. MORE LYPRINOL - TVNZ looks at the links between medical research, production and distribution of Lyprinol. Questions
have been asked about the timing of cancer research announcements and the product's release into the NZ market. TVNZ
says the decision to release the product was made weeks before the announcement on research and it was to be released as
dietary supplement, not a cancer cure. Politicians were informed of the research and were keen to plug the possible
benefits for NZ mussel growers. The growers themselves were keen to see the product released in NZ.
4. GMFS - The Health Minister is in Canberra for a meeting of Australasia Health Minister on the labelling of
genetically modified food. Mr Creech says there is a clear public demand for information. Australian Ministers are split
on the issue, food retailers are concerned at the costs and logistics.
5. MILLENNIUM - A group of friends in Wainuiomata started fundraising and organising for a millennium dinner 25 years
ago. In 1984 funds stopped coming in and the group drifted apart. There is still $2000 in the bank and they are trying
to find old friends to have the dinner.
6. MILLENNIUM - A survey by the restaurant sector says 80% of restaurants plan to be open on New Year's Eve, but they
plan to charge more, some up to 50% more.