1. FAHEY - A prominent Christchurch doctor and city councillor has appeared in court charged with 13 sexual offences,
Morgan Fahey is facing charges going back many years. Mr Fahey is denying the charges and says he has nothing to hide.
He has been released on bail. The charges following allegations that first surfaced during the local body elections.
2. LAMB - New Zealand and Australia are planning a joint strategy to fight the United States imposition of tariffs on
lamb imports. They are planning a joint complaint to the WTO. It is estimated that the tariffs will cost each farmer
$3,000 in the first year. Some farmers are planning to protest at APEC.
3. WATSON TRIAL - There is more evidence that Olivia Hope argued with her friends about sleeping arrangements on board
the yacht she had hired. She left and her and Ben Smart disappeared. The trial is currently tracking the last hours they
were seen alive.
4. DERAILED - There has been a spectacular train derailment south of Auckland, no one was hurt.
5. TRAWLER - A damning report has been released on a Korean Trawler that ran aground near Stewart Island. Investigators
say no one was keeping watch and no allowance was made for a faulty compass.
6. TEST - Dunedin is back in party mode for tomorrow's rugby test against South Africa. The town is being 'blacked out'
as everyone dresses in black.