- Govt to look at drug trafficker's case - The Government is being asked to help in the case of a New Zealander convicted of drug-trafficking in Asia.... more
- NZ backtracks on Kyoto deadline - The government will back off a 2002 deadline for ratifying the Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gas emissions unless there
is international agreement on the rules enforcing it.... more
- Dougherty case raises questions - Leading criminal lawyer Peter Williams QC wants an inquiry into the way DNA testing is carried out in this country in
the wake of the David Dougherty case.... more
- Health lab gets accreditation back - New Zealand's largest public health laboratory, Auckland's Labplus, has regained its international accreditation.... more
- Murder victim had been in custody - Police have revealed that the victim of a brutal killing in the south Waikato had been in police custody on the day he
was murdered.... more
- Kiwis flock to become Aussies - Changes to trans-Tasman welfare arrangements have prompted a dramatic rise in the number of New Zealanders applying for
Australian citizenship.... more
- Problems with foreign students - A law change to tighten up the supervision of foreign students in New Zealand is expected to be in place by next
All stories (c) Television New Zealand.
Selwyn Manning - Scoop Auckland
Evening Report - independent interactive debate.
EveningReport is designed with realtime interactivity in mind. Along with published articles, columns, and analysis it
will webcast video debate and interviews on-site in realtime and on-demand. Public and audience interaction is also key
to EveningReport's brand.