Tourists – Cricket - Gay Oakes - Clark defence spending - CCC Bail-out
- TOURISTS 7,000 tourists visited Canterbury over the last year, injecting $1 billion into the economy.
- CRICKET New Zealand beat Pakistan in the one-day International held in Christchurch yesterday.
- GAY OAKES Immigration is considering the Gay Oakes case after her family considers her deportation.
- CLARK, DEFENCE SPENDING Clark has indicated that there is likely to be increases in defence spending.
- BAIL-OUT The Christchurch City Council has endorsed a deal that may result in the council purchasing the Canterbury
Agricultural Park for over $2 million as part of a bail-out of the Canterbury Show, which is understood to have
Political Stories inside
- Treatment delay fear for cancer patients
- - Laws hints at new MP issue
World: Big job goes to Euro critic
Sport: Sublime Mac-attack
Editorial: Plague in Britain