IRD Apology – Bill Bungles – Police Budget – Dog Rescue
- IRD APOLOGY: Murray and Jan Willis – whose 14-year battle with Inland Revenue ended with a dramatic apology yesterday
– could get $350,000 compensation over a tax bill they should never have had to pay.
- BILL BUNGLES: The Labour-Alliance Coalition embarrassed wannabe National leader Bill English by divulging in
Parliament yesterday that he told his colleagues on Tuesday that the economic climate looks set to turn in the
- POLICE BUDGET: Police had stopped training recruits till any pay rises were settled because they could not afford both
this year, Police Commissioner Rob Robinson announced yesterday.
- DOG RESCUE: Council Workers rescued Bo the wire-haired fox terrier was from a stormwater drain yesterday, damaging
metres of drain, a rose garden and a driveway, after he chased a rat down the drain.
Inside Political Headlines:
- McClay opposes child strip searches;
- Wilson over-rides panel’s choices;
- Cullen conservative over cts to ACC levies;
- Student debt ‘putting public at risk’;
- MP admits slip up on $60,00 rug claim;
- MPs comments may be costly – National;
- Wage inflation stays steady.
Editorial: Trying our patients.