The Evening Post, Friday, October 6, 2000
Article: Mathew Loh
Kerr must go - Tyrant overthrown - UK chain buys Park Royal - Sharemarket buzzing with Tranz Rail selloff rumours -
Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Kerr must go: Prime Minister Helen Clark upped the ante in her battle with the Business Roundtable today, demanding it
sack its executive director, Roger Kerr.
Tyrant overthrown: The front page pic shows Serbian opposition supporters outside the burning State Television Centre as
the world reverberated to reports they have toppled Slobadan Milosevic after massed demonstrators stormed the federal
UK chain buys Park Royal: Upmarket central Wellington hotel, The Park Royal, has been sold to British group - Bass
Hotels and Resorts.
Sharemarket buzzing with Tranz Rail selloff rumours: Tranz Rail appears on the verge of selling off its passenger train
- Boy bashed for battered skateboard;
- Alliance free to oppose Labour;
- Shortage desperate, says foster parent group head;
- Peters slams Burton over Airways allegations secrecy;
- Levin not that bad - police;
- 'Goneburger' staff to take legal action;
- Cage fight to go ahead despite police warning;
- Work to start on bus and rail upgrade;
- Technicians limber up for Paraolympics;
- Extra MAF checks for black widow spiders;
- Plan to cut Vic defecit approved;
- Service station robbed.
Winning habit needed: Wellington is likely to make rugby's NPC semi-finals even if beaten by Waikato on Saturday, but
defeat will be tantamount to admitting the Captital's team isn't good enough to line up against it's prospective semis
Editorial: Racing industry report deserves a fair crack;
The PM starts to panic.